Warm Springs Road: Day 02
10/08/2016 | Frenchman's Bend, ID
The view from the top of Red Warrior is petty nice.
I Day 02 Intro & Stats
START – STOP: Frenchman’s Bend Campsite – Red Warrior Loop – Frenchman’s Bend CampsiteMAJOR SUPPORT PROVIDED BY
DISTANCE: 17.4 mi
ELEVATION GAIN: 2880 ft
RIDING TIME: 4:00
TIME AWAKE SPENT IN PURSUIT OF THE TRIP, ROUGHLY: 7:00
POINTS OF INTEREST / OBJECTIVES:
- There is a culvert a few miles up the road from our campsite that spills into a little pond that looked to be a good spot for tiny brook trout. The next day we found out it was.
- The view from the top of Red Warrior is petty nice.
- You will have to cross a river at the end of the trail. Most of us took off our shoes and walked across. Hahn didn’t. Hahn said, “You know what river? You’re not the boss of me.” And he rode it, even though he knew his feet would get soaked and that it was highly probable his shoes would freeze overnight.
- The trail ends like maybe a two minute ride from the hot springs. So the savvy riders in our group rode with their swim attire throughout the day.
- The trial riding here is really good, not too aggressive, not too boring, a nice mix. If you like trail riding then you should ride here. You won’t regret it.
CUE SHEET: KML DOWNLOAD
WEATHER: Sun. Again. And this time it was t-shirt weather deluxe. This was the kind of day that makes you remark aloud over and over again, “This weather is perfect, THIS WEATHER IS PERFECT.”