Warm Springs Road: Day 03
10/09/2016 | Ketchum, ID
I Day 03 Stats & Intro
START – STOP: Frenchman’s Bend Campsite – Ketchum – Frenchman’s Bend CampsiteMAJOR SUPPORT PROVIDED BY
DISTANCE: 12.7 mi
ELEVATION GAIN: 1610 ft
RIDING TIME: 1:00
TIME AWAKE SPENT IN PURSUIT OF THE TRIP, ROUGHLY: 7:00
POINTS OF INTEREST / OBJECTIVES:
- The decision was made to ride back into town for breakfast. Why not? We planned on revisiting the Kneadery but the wait was around 45 minutes. Luckily a woman pulled up in front of the Kneadery, rolled down her window and yelled,”There’s room at Esta, no wait! It’s just down the street! Go to Esta. GO TO ESTA!” Brutal but effective. Mr. Picture went on a scouting mission and reported back that there was indeed room at Esta. Go to Esta.
- There is stagecoach museum in Sun Valley that looked awesome. We didn’t go inside, but if you’re in town you should. Send us some pictures if you can.
- We take them for granted. But it is worth saying: grocery stores are amazing.
- If you have your rig with you then you have all the things you keep in your rig with you. Simple logic. And if you’re the Swallows and your rig is your house, then you have all the things that you keep in your house in your rig. Like pots, pans, skillets, sponges, soap, etc. This means that your dinner can then be facilitated by all of these conveniences. Just saying.
- It turns out that little culvert I mentioned yesterday wasn’t really that good for catching fish. But isn’t that the point of fishing? Going out to fish is different than going out expecting to catch any fish. If you’re doing the latter, you’re doomed.
CUE SHEET: KML DOWNLOAD
WEATHER: They call it Sun Valley for a reason. That’s all I’ve got.