HAVS: LA Sweat Tulsa Tough Team Building Workout
LA Sweat comes together for a pre-Tulsa Team Building sesh.
I Why Team?
Not pictured: Ashley Faye, Fleur Faure, Erin Goodall, Brenna Wrye Simpson.
II Why Team Building?
Zombie Escape, Battle of the Airbands, Shrinking Vessel, Marshmallow Spaghetti Tower—all classic examples of Team Building Exercises (TBEs). By no means is this a complete or comprehensive list of TBEs but each, in its own way, works to motivate, facilitate better communication, promote creativity, develop problem solving skills and break down barriers for millions and millions of corporate citizens around the country, year in and year out.
Simply put, Team Building Exercises promote cohesion and unity, and improve the outcomes of endeavors which require teamwork and collaboration. What follows is a short list of benefits you might expect from a TBE:
- TBEs encourage Intra-Team competition, and this in turn has been shown to increase productivity and excellence.
- TBEs foster a better understanding of individual strengths, weaknesses, and interests for a team and its shared goal.
- TBEs acclimatize and normalize teams to the experience of sharing a win.
- TBEs place an emphasis on collaboration, which increases imagination and creativity.
- During a TBE, the act of working together in a united and coordinated manner demands excellent and efficacious communication.
III How LA Sweat Builds It
But what about elite athletes, what about a team of professional cyclists? Cyclists who not only need Team Building Skills in the classic “corporate” sense, but who also need to be able to work (ride) together in a coordinated and synchronized fashion in service to the execution of a fluid strategy, at high speeds and under extreme physical, mental and metaphysical duress and sometimes when it’s ridic hot and humid, like for example in Tulsa, OK.Location location location.”- Kelli Samuelson
For reasons related to the costs and logistics, and most importantly the competitive advantages, associated with building—through science, nutrition, game theory, computer modeling and cognitive behavioral therapy—a proprietary Team Building Program, we’re not able publish the specifics of the LA Sweat program here on Manual for Speed. We have, however, been cleared to publish LA Sweat’s Team Building Manifesto and the first-ever photographs of one of LA Sweat’s Pre-Race Team Building Camps.
Team Building Manifesto
- Find a location conducive to movement, rich in vibes, bountiful in props and open to the sky. Unless it’s raining.
- Positivity + Hype + Sweat + The Drift = LA Sweat.
The following photographs were taken on July 8th the day before the commencement of La Sweat’s 2017 Tulsa Tough Race Campaign. While we are unable to publish specific proprietary techniques, we can tell you the name of the exercise and some details about how and why it’s important.
Team Building In Action LA Sweat's 2017 Tulsa Tough Race Campaign
BLUE DOME CRITERIUM
BRADY ARTS DISTRICT CRITERIUM
RIVER PARKS CRITERIUM