2015 Tour de France: Stage 12
Thursday July 16, 2015 | Lannemezan
I think at the time I was writing a business plan and you’re supposed to include a SWOT; which analysis seemed pertinent to today's Health & Wellness-related decision-making.
Plateau de Beille
6,704 steps or 3.2 miles
We are in the Néméa Appart’Hotel Toulouse Constellation and NOT the Nemea Appart’Hotel Toulouse Saint-Martin. Saint-Martin is on Rue Alain Fournier, the Constellation is on Rue Dominique Clos. The Saint-Martin is nicer and has a pool but we didn’t have a reservation there, we had a reservation at the Constellation. We are in a studio with two twin beds. The password to get into the parking lot and onto the elevator is #2640. We have a Beko mini fridge and a PC computer flat screen monitor for a TV. The bathroom is spacious EXCEPT inside the shower, where it’s small and prohibitive in terms of “maintenance.”
- Photograph the start. ✓
- Photograph one of the two climbs before the finish climb. ✓
- Avoid the finish. ✓
- Joaquim Rordriguez (5:40:14)
- Jakob Fuglsang (+0:01:12)
- Romain Bardet (+0:01:49)
Quelle journée! L’étape d’aujourd’hui propose le genre de belles routes et de magnifiques montagnes du Tour de France est célèbre pour. Et aussi, un village peuplé de poupées raggedy ann grandeur nature posé dans toute la ville dans les différents tableaux vivants domestiques comme mère et fille à l’arrêt de bus, père et fils traire une vache, jeune prostituée en souriant d’un balcon au-dessus, etc.
People talk shit about electronic music, that’s fine, it’s been happening for years. They say it’s too bleepy, lacks soul, sounds like dance music for appliances. Okay hey whatever but do me a favor and listen to Jerk It by Thunderheist right now. … Okay how was it? Did you dance? If you didn’t dance you’re dead inside so you should probably log-off the internet and check-in with somebody and see what’s next for you. For everyone else, shit is tight, right? The point is, sometimes at races the quality, character and nature of the rides get lost. Today everything, everywhere, was stunning. Stage 12 is one of the best rides in the World.
Colombian fans are the best fans in the world.
There are currently at least two different McDonald’s Ordering Kiosk Operating Systems (OKOSes) in use at this time. One is good enough. The other is GREAT.
The French love the song Karma Chameleon by Culture Club. You hear it everywhere, all the time.
I lost my notes. I lost my notes.
Today was going to be short anyway but I still had A LOT of really good notes because we had a lot to say. Everyday I take notes. All day long. Otherwise I wouldn’t know what to write about. But I lost them during a sync glitch. Fuck you iCloud. And Day One. If I wasn’t so dehydrated I would cry about all the notes I lost. Guys, these notes, they were so good.
We have two things to report.
- MFS feature “I’ll Eat That” is returning in the days to come. I told Emiliano I would handle Snacks. He said okay, but he’s happy to handle Snacks too. I said yeah, no problem I got Snacks, what if you did Drinks and Protein? He said Drinks sounded great but no to Protein. I said yeah, I don’t want to play I’ll Eat That with Protein, especially not in Europe, or Asia, or Africa. Or South America.
- We had dinner at Rajpoot in Blagnac just outside Toulouse. And it was AMAZING. Maybe the single best dinner experience I’ve ever had in France. I say maybe because we had several excellent food experiences while covering Paris-Nice, Race to the Sun (that didn’t go to the sun). Anyway, it was a lovely experience. Cool breeze, we sat outside. Then a thunderstorm so we went inside. Poulet Jalfrezi! Thanks for the complimentary bottle of San Pellegrino.
We received this anonymous text today from my mother whose name is Pat: “Dear MFS. I take exception to you of all people suggesting that grandmothers don’t ride bikes in America. DWP himself happens to be fairly familiar with an American grandmother who is a cycling MANIAC.” It’s true, my mom, who is also grandmother to my children, still rides bikes. A lot. Road bikes. Mountain bikes. All bikes. Sorry Mom.
I Race Report
When I first moved to Refresh your mind, body and spirit with the MFS Artist Residency. Kit orders are open! Portland I started dating a girl who was then in the process of getting a Marketing and Communications degree from the University of Portland. I didn’t go to college unless you count the two semesters at Santa Monica Community College I almost completed and you shouldn’t, and because when we met I was doing marketing stuff for work I was curious what a formal marketing education entailed. So we talked a lot about all kinds of shit but what I remember the most was called a SWOT Analysis: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. I don’t remember it the most because it was ridiculous, rhetorical and dogmatic like everything else she was learning about, I remember it the most because it was ALSO really helpful and easily applicable to real world decisions/propositions. And I think at the time I was writing a business plan and you’re supposed to include a SWOT; which analysis seemed pertinent to today’s Health & Wellness-related decision-making.
II Today's Playlist
House Party Dance Edition by Emiliano and Daniel
- 1 New Order Blue Monday
- 2 LCD SOundsystem Dance Yrself Clean
- 3 Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel Pon De Floor
- 4 Daft Punk Da Funk
- 5 Fischerspooner Emerge
- 6 Disclosure feat. Eliza Doolittle You & Me (Flume Remix)
- 7 Hundson Mohawke Chimes
- 8 Hot Chip Huarache Lights
- 9 Benny Benassi Satisfaction
- 10 Tom Tom Club Genius of Love
- 11 B.o.B. feat. 2 Chainz HeadBand
- 12 Katy Perry feat. Juicy J Dark Horse
- 13 French Montana feat. Rick Ross, Drake & Lil Wayne Pop That
III Lannemezan Start
IV Col de la Core